Connecticut Modification of Child Support Attorney

A Skilled Attorney Helping You Modify Orders Post-Judgment in Westport, Norwalk and Fairfield

Settlements and court orders are made based on the information all parties have at the time of a divorce or custody battle. The couple, the lawyers and the judge attempt to plan for what may happen in the future. However, it is not possible to predict your financial future or the future needs of your children as life unfolds. Consequently, it may be possible to modify parts of the divorce decree, the custody arrangements and alimony and child support orders.

At the law office of Richard H. Raphael in Westport, Connecticut, I have been representing people in Child Support modifications for more than 30 years. Whether you are the party seeking or contesting the post-divorce modification, I can assist you and protect your rights. We will discuss your rights and your options before taking action, so you have the information you need to make informed decisions.

Factors Considered for Granting Modifications

In general, you are allowed to modify alimony, child support and child custody orders. The property division agreement or court order, however, is not modifiable.

To modify an alimony award, you must be able to prove that the finances of one party have changed. A job loss, a new job, change in compensation, increase in expenses or a decline in health are some of the reasons people request alimony modifications.

The court may grant custody and child support modifications when there is a significant change in circumstances in the lives of the parents and child. For child custody and support orders, this may include:

  • Changes in the finances of a parent
  • A job loss
  • Changes in the relationship between parents and child
  • Changes in the health of a parent or child
  • Relocation
  • Remarriage

In addition to modification of alimony, child custody and support orders, I can assist you with enforcement of these orders. If you are not receiving court-ordered alimony or child support payments, or if the other parent is not adhering to the parenting plan, we can hold him or her accountable.

For a free initial consultation, please call 203-226-6168 or contact me online. Evening and weekend appointments may be available.

  • American Bar Association
  • Connecticut Bar Association
9.4Richard H Raphael
Connecticut Distinguished Attorney

From our blog...

Feed not found.


Contact Westport Divorce Attorney